Family means everything…
Sarah’s true passion is family. Growing up in rural Saskatchewan, as the eldest of seven children, Sarah learned how a small community, that knows and supports you, can mean everything. She knew that she did not want to raise her children in the city, but instead wanted her children to grow in a community where they felt safe, connected, included, supported and could build meaningful and lasting friendships in. The decision to move to Morinville proved to be the right one. Sarah and her husband, Pheng, feel incredibly blessed to raise their four school aged children in Morinville. Their eldest, Shakira is now 16 and attends Sturgeon Composite High School and their 3 boys; Chays – age 14, Ceren – age 9 and Orryn – age 6, are students at Morinville Public School. They enjoy attending local family events together, walking and biking the Morinville trails, skiing, camping and having family movie night on a regular basis.
Projects & Volunteer Work
MMM’s Adopt A Family Campaign – Creator and Head Organiser (2012 – Present)
- This annual Christmas hamper campaign, now in its 6th year, has provided over 200 local families in need with a completely supplied for and stress free holiday season. From food, gifts, clothes, bill payments and more, this initiative makes a difference in our community in a big way.
Morinville’s Marvelous Moms Group – Creator and Administrator (2011 – Present)
- The MMM’s Group is a group of local mom’s that has grown to over 2000 members. MMM’s is committed to creating positive change in our community. The group, has support, networking, childcare, business, volunteer and philanthropy sectors and has provided supports for the community such as the annual MMM’s AAF Campaign, Morinville Angel Campaign and Morinville for Fort Mac Campaign, as well as collaborations with the local Jessica Martel Memorial Foundation. Sarah Hall received a United Nations International Women’s Day Award in 2013 for the creation, support network and community enhancement the group provides to for the families of Morinville.
United Nations International Woman’s Day Awards – Organising Committee Member (2014 – Present)
- The IWD awards for St. Albert and Sturgeon County are organised by a committee of 5-8 volunteers, one of whom Sarah is proud to be a part. Responsibilities include organising the awards gala and ceremony, campaigning, advertising, interviewing nominees, fundraising, and reviewing nominations to select the 5 annual awards recipients.
Morinville Art Club – President & Secretary (2014 – Present)
- THe Morinville Art Club, now in it’s 39th year, has a long standing tradition of bringing artists together. Sarah is elected president of the MAC associations’ board. In the role,Sarah has negotiated agreements with The Morinville Museum and other town displays for featured artists of the club, she also organises club volunteers for various town events, plans and sorganises club events, art shows and displays, writes agendas and chairs meetings.
Morinville Public School Council – Chair (2013 – Present)
- Sarah is the elected Chair of the executive council, and as such, has many responsibilities. A few of her responsibilities are; Chairing meetings, writing agendas, organising school projects, fundraisers and volunteers, communicating effectively with Staff, parents, students, media, and community members. Highlights of her terms served thus far include; spearheading a successful parent campaign for the Government of Alberta and the Town of Morinville to build the first new Public School in Morinville. Participating in a ‘Values Scoping’ session with AB. Education, AB. Infrastructure and other government officials. Attending various conferences, lectures and skill building exercises. Acting as liaison for the MPS parent body, supporting the MPS principal, teachers & staff and providing enriching opportunities and amenities for students’ learning, enrichment and growth.
Town of Morinville Council Remuneration and Per Diem Policy Committee (2015 – 2016)
- Chosen along with 4 other citizens at large to review and rewrite Town Council Compensation Policy and present it to Morinville Town Council for consideration. The 10 month process was in depth, involved and very educational.
- Morinville Soccer Association – U6 & U8 Coach (2015)
- Morinville Bi-Annual: Reuse or ‘Loose’ It (2014 present)
- Town of Morinville – Various events at the MCCC (2014 – present)
- Ironworkers Local 720 and Sisters of 720 – various events & fundraising (2000 – present)
- WIN House – Womens Empowerment Canada Art Show fundraising (2010-11)
- Look Better – Feel Better campaign – Makeovers for cancer patients (2013-14)
- MPS Parent Fundraising Association – Secretary (2013-14)